Transformation of an ICT Service Provider.
Our client was a medium sized public sector organisation of 500 employees focussed on delivering whole of Government ICT services. Through a major business transformation program the organisation had made substantial change to embed industry standard ICT business practices to improve service delivery. To optimise the investment in transformational change our client was focussed on strengthening the ICT professional capability, business leadership and agility of their ICT workforce.
- Environmental scan to benchmark with high performing ICT organisations
- Consultation with central policy agencies to ensure alignment with whole of Government strategic direction and priorities
- Analysis of ICT professional development investment to identify trends and opportunities for savings in negotiations with vendors on a range of training programs and products
- Facilitate workshops with business leaders and staff to define the profile and capability needs of critical roles
- Develop and administer capability and capacity survey, including development of communication tools to engage staff and analysis of results
- Develop ICT Capability Strategy and lead validation and consultation workshops
- ICT Capability Strategy with three key elements to build the total ICT professional:
- ICT business capability (aligned to SFIA industry framework)
- ICT Technical capability (aligned to organisational demands)
- Leadership and management capability (aligned to whole of Government capability framework)
- Capability and workforce baseline to monitor and evaluate impact of capability investment on service performance
- Reduction of duplication of training dollar spend on the “same things” across branches and units enabling greater return on learning and development investment
- Vendor agreements in place to deliver a range of capability interventions
- Develop a suite of tools to support ICT Capability Strategy (Knowledge transfer kit, Skills gap analysis tool, Role profile document)