Johnston & Goldsmith considers the protection of privacy to be vital. We endeavour to consistently maintain the security of our website for all visitors and users. This policy outlines how Johnston & Goldsmith collects and uses personal information.
What is a cookie? A cookie is a small data file that may write to your hard disk when visiting a site. The cookie primarily contains a USER ID that aids in tracking. Cookies can also retain information that you supply to the website. This information assists in maintaining the continuity of your browsing session and access to full use of the website.
Cookies cannot read data from your hard disk or from other cookie files. They can be disabled via your browser, however this may limit your access to all functionalities of a website.
Website Security and SSL Our website has a SSL certificate attached to it. This means you can access a constant, secure connection on every page of our site. Through SSL, you can see a lock icon next to your URL in the browser, showing that their information is safe.
Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL, is a technology that secures the connection between your browser and the J&G Consulting website. To verify that SSL is protecting a page, look for a URL beginning with https://, instead of http://, and a green, closed padlock icon. This allows you to navigate our website and submit information through a secure connection. SSL provides three important security benefits:
- Privacy: Encrypts the connection between the browser and web server and securely transmits information (like login credentials) to prevent unauthorised parties from eavesdropping;
- Data integrity: Prevents unauthorized parties from altering data during transmission (like during a Form Block submission); and
- Authentication: Protects against impersonation by requiring web server proof of identity.
Personal Information Some functionalities of the website will ask for the voluntary supply of personal information. This information includes:
- name and email address for the purpose of subscribing to the release of emailed insights such as case studies and think papers etc;
- name and email address for the purpose of subscribing to the release of roles and executive opportunities; and
- name, email address, contact details and message for the purpose of assisting you with an enquiry to Johnston & Goldsmith.
Access to and Right to Rectification of Personal Information To access, update or remove information Johnston & Goldsmith holds about you, contact Johnston & Goldsmith directly via phone, email or enquiry form. We wish to ensure information held by Johnston & Goldsmith is accurate and up-to-date.
Direct Marketing Johnston & Goldsmith does not collect information for direct marketing purposes, except where you have given permission by subscribing to the release of emailed insights such as case studies and think papers etc. This information is not sold to other parties and is for the express purpose of our own communication with you. At any time you can opt out by clicking unsubscribe on the e-newsletter that you receive.
Exceptions Other than the above stated, Johnston & Goldsmith will not attempt to identify users or their browsing activities except:
- in the event of an investigation by law enforcement: or
- where we believe we are required to collect and produce documentation relevant to fulfil obligations to third parties; including statutory organisations under local law.
Information Disclosure In the course of providing services you request, personal information may be shared: with authorities; third parties engaged by Johnston & Goldsmith to provide services to you; to protect intellectual property rights; or to enforce the Terms and Conditions of the website.
Security The Johnston & Goldsmith website uses SquareSpace with our very own SSL certificate to deliver, store and maintain our website and content. Johnston & Goldsmith puts in place all reasonable measures to protect personal information from loss, prohibited access, misuse, alteration, destruction or unauthorised disclosure.