Change Management for a large provider of Shared Services.
Our client had grown through acquisition of related business units over a long period of time creating a mix of hybrid processes and an end-to-end service chain that had become disjointed. As a result, work demand, effective resource management and cost of delivery were difficult to monitor.
Increased budgetary pressure and changing service demand meant that change was necessary. The organisation operated in an environment of significant political and media scrutiny. Staff had experienced significant change over extended periods and as had become fatigued about yet another “new way of working”.
Engaged for a period of 18 months, Johnston & Goldsmith worked with an ICT industry specialist, the executive and senior business leaders to provide strategic direction to deliver an orchestrated transformational program. During this time we:
- Facilitated workshops with the executive team to integrate all key organisational facets; such as strategic vision, operational plans, organisational systems and processes; and transformation program.
- Established appropriate governance forums with representation across the service chain
- Designed and program managed the Business Transformation Program across four strategic streams:
- Business Strategy
- Organisational Design and Capability
- Service Delivery Model
- Matching Demand and Supply (resource management and strategic sourcing)
- Lead multi-disciplinary program resources in an orchestrated program of work; change management, project managers, technical writers, technical trainers and other ICT specialists
- Developed a standard suite of business readiness tools (capability development, change and communication) to accelerate the transition to new ways of working
- A streamlined, standard and repeatable, maturing repository of ICT industry standard processes
- An orchestrated strategy for connected services
- Engaged process Owners, Leads and Champions with clear lines of accountability
- A developing culture of continuous improvement, looking after business needs, and building service excellence
- A substantial Service Catalogue developed with service standards and transparent cost of delivery